Bom Jesus Farm Single Estate
Brazilian Alta Mogiana, Yellow Catuai & Mundo Nova, Natural Process, 16+, Fall 2023
Delivered In A 66.2 Lb Grain-Pro And Jute Bag
Cup Score 84.75
Bom Jesus is an excellent specialty green coffee bean for roasters. With a consistent SCA Q-Graded cupping score of 84/85, this coffee can stand alone as a filter coffee or espresso. It can also serve as a fantastic, quality-boosting base for your own blend.
Fazenda Bom Jesus is a labor of love borne by the Oliveira family, which includes the couple Gabriel and Flavia, along with their sons Lucas and Gabriel Junior.
- ALTITUDE – 1,270 meters above sea level (4,167 feet)
- LOCATION – Cristais Paulista, Alta Mogiana. São Paulo, Brazil
- PROCESS – Natural process, sun dried, 30 days of resting period
- DEFECTS – 2/3
- SIZE – 16 up
- CERTIFICATIONS – Rainforest Alliance certified, UTZ certified and Alta Mogiana Specialty Coffee Association (AMSC)
- VARIETY – Mundo Novo and Yellow Catuai
- PACKAGING – GrainPro & Jute, 30 Kilogram Bag (66 pounds)
- PROFILE – a full-bodied coffee with abundant sweetness, syrupy caramel notes, and honey smoothness. A long finish of honey and blood orange balanced acidity and balanced flavour. Ideal for a stand alone single origin espresso premium blend works well for many coffee styles – great in milk – espresso – black – filter – pour over and cold brew.
The farm where Bom Jesus is grown has a long heritage in coffee culture going back three generations. It is a founding member of Alta Mogiana Specialty Coffee Association, which promotes a greater conscience with regard to specialty coffee in the region as well as developing better farm practices.
The objective of the owners is to sustainably develop their region from a social and economic point of view. Performance bonus payments are also made alongside employees fixed wages. All employees on the farm receive specialized literacy training. To learn more about this amazing family, farm, and company in Portuguese with English subtitles, click HERE.
This grower has been recognized as one of the Top Ten in Brazil for Sustainable farming and business practices, a significant recognition.